|Dr. Daoqi Yang
|Troy, Michigan, U.S.A.
Send Him a Message
Ph.D. in Mathematics, Purdue University
M.S. in Computer Science, Purdue University
- Retirement Planning: 401k vs Roth 401k, IRA vs Roth IRA,
Outskirts Press, Denver, Colorado, 2020.
Quantitative Analysis of 401(k) vs Roth 401(k), IRA vs Roth IRA, and Roth Conversion.
This book aims to provide a comprehensive analysis, with data simulations, of:
1) when investing in a Roth 401(k) or Roth IRA would be a better choice than investing in a
traditional pretax 401(k) or IRA; 2) when a Roth conversion would be beneficial to an investor.
The hope is that an investor can utilize the formulas and data contained in this book when making strategic
decisions on choosing between a Roth 401(k) and pretax 401(k) or between a Roth IRA and traditional IRA,
or deciding whether to do a Roth conversion.
- Java Persistence with JPA 2.1, Outskirts Press, Denver, Colorado, 2013.
The goal of this book is to provide a concise and comprehensive coverage of Java Persistence API 2.1, which is part of Java EE 7 but can be used in Java SE as well. Concepts are illustrated through code examples for easy understanding. It may serve as an introductory text for Java developers who do not know anything about JPA, and a reference book for experienced JPA developers who may look up for concepts and code snippets while they develop complex JPA applications.
- Java Persistence with JPA, Outskirts Press, Denver, Colorado, 2010.
Concise and complete coverage of Java Persistence API 2.0 with code examples, design patterns, and performance tuning tips. It is Java EE 6.0 compliant, but can be used in Java SE 5.0 and Java EE 5.0 or later. It is written for Java developers and architects to learn everything about JPA and use it as a reference book.
- C++ and Object Oriented Numeric Computing for Scientists and Engineers,
Springer-Verlag, New York, 2001 (paperback 2012; Chinese translation 2002).
Concise and complete coverage of ANSI/ISO C++, with special emphasis on object-oriented numeric computing through numerical algorithms and code examples
Book Chapters and Conference Proceedings
- Frank Massey and Daoqi Yang, Hilbert Spaces, Wiley Encyclopedia of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Computational Science and Engineering Volume (Vol 9), pp. 73-83. Editor, J. Webster, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1999.
- Daoqi yang, An Augmented Lagrangian Mixed Finite Element Scheme for Saddle Point Problems, in: J. Wang, M. B. Allen III, B. M. Chen and T. Mathew, Editors, Iterative Methods in Scientific Computation, IMACS Series in Computational and Applied Mathematics, Vol 4, IMACS, New Brunswick, NJ, 1998, pp. 325-330
- Daoqi Yang, A Nonoverlapping Subdomain Algorithm with Lagrange Multipliers and its Object Oriented Implementation for Interface Problems, Domain Decomposition Methods 10, Contemporary Mathematics, Vol 218, J. Mandel, C. Farhat, and X. Cai, Editors. American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 1998, pp 365-373.
- Daoqi Yang, A parallel nonoverlapping Schwarz domain decomposition algorithm for elliptic partial differential equations, Proceedings of the Eighth SIAM Conference on Parallel Processing for Scientific Computing, Proceedings in Applied Mathematics 94, M. Heath, et al, editors, SIAM, Philadelphia, PA, 1997
- Jim Douglas, Jr. and Daoqi Yang, Numerical experiments of a nonoverlapping domain decomposition method for partial differential equations, in: D. Griffiths and G. A. Watson, Eds., Numerical Analysis: A. R. Mitchell 75th Birthday Volume, World Scientific, Singpore, 1996, pp. 85-97.
Research Papers Published in International Journals
- Daoqi Yang and Jennifer Zhao, An Iterative Hybridized Mixed Finite Element Method for Elliptic Interface Problems with Strongly Discontinuous Coefficients, Journal of Computational Mathematics, Volume 21, No. 3 (2005), pp. 257-276.
- Daoqi Yang, Iterative Schemes for Mixed Finite Element Methods with Applications to Elasticity and Compressible Flow Problems, Numer. Math., 83(2002), pp. 177-200.
- Daoqi Yang, Shengtao Yu, Jennifer Zhao, Convergence and Error Bound Analysis for the Space-Time CESE Method, Numerical Methods for Partial Diffential Equations, 17(2001), pp. 64-78.
- Daoqi Yang, Finite Elements for Elliptic Problems with Wild Coefficients, Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, 54(2000), pp. 383-395.
- Daoqi Yang, Improved error estimation of dynamic finite element methods for second-order parabolic equations, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 126(2000), pp. 319-338.
- Daoqi Yang, An Iterative Perturbation Method for Saddle Point Problems, IMA Journal of Numerical Analysis, 19(1999), pp. 215-231.
- Daoqi Yang, A Parallel Iterative Domain Decomposition Algorithm for Elliptic Problems, Journal of Computational Mathematics, 16(1998), pp. 141-151.
- Daoqi Yang, Simulation of Miscible Displacement in Porous Media by a modified Uzawa's Algorithm Combined with a Characteristic Method, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 162(1998), pp. 359-368.
- Ping Lin and Daoqi Yang, An Iterative Perturbation Method for the Pressure Equation in the Simulation of Miscible Displacement in Porous Media, SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, 19(1998), pp. 893-911.
- Daoqi Yang, A Parallel Grid Modification and Domain Decomposition Algorithm for Local Phenomena Capturing and Load Balancing, Journal of Scientific Computing, 12(1997), pp. 99-117.
- Daoqi Yang, Dynamic Domain Decomposition and Grid Modification for Parabolic Problems, Computers and Mathematics with Applications, 33(1997), pp. 89-103
- John R. Rice, E. A. Vavalis and Daoqi Yang, Convergence analysis of a nonoverlapping domain decomposition method for elliptic PDEs, J. Comput. Appl. Math., 87(1997), pp. 11-19.
- Daoqi Yang, A parallel iterative nonoverlapping domain decomposition procedure for elliptic problems, IMA Journal on Numerical Analysis, 16(1996), pp. 75-91
- Daoqi Yang, Grid modification for second order hyperbolic problems, Mathematics of Computation, 64 (1995), pp. 1495-1509. (Mathematical Reviews 95m:65173)
- Daoqi Yang, Different domain decompositions at different times for capturing moving local phenomena, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 59 (1995), pp. 39-48. (Mathematical Reviews 96f:65130)
- Daoqi Yang, Grid modification for the wave equation with attenuation, Numerische Mathematik 67 (1994), pp. 391-401. (Mathematical Reviews 95b: 65113)
- Daoqi Yang, A characteristic mixed method with dynamic finite element space for convection-dominated diffusion problems, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 43 (1992), pp. 343-353. (Mathematical Reviews 93k: 65079)
- Daoqi Yang, Mixed methods with dynamic finite-element spaces for miscible displacement in porous media, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 30 (1990), pp. 313-328. (Mathematical Reviews 91k: 76114)
- Daoqi Yang, Multistep schemes for mixed finite element methods for second order parabolic problems, Journal of Qingdao University, 2 (1989), pp. 56-62. (Zbl. Math. 788: 65099)
- Daoqi Yang, The mixed finite element methods with moving grids for parabolic problems, Mathematica Numerica Sinica, 10(1988), pp. 266-271. (Mathematical Reviews 90g: 65153)
Send Him a Message